Woodford Folk Festival Media Accreditation Terms & Conditions
A limited number of media accreditations are approved each year.
We really appreciate support given in helping us get the word out about our festival and preference will be given to those who are supporting and promoting Woodford Folk Festival in the lead-up to the event.
The two types of Media Accreditation available:
- Media accreditation with event ticketing
- Reserved for members of the press (print, radio, TV, film, news agencies and online media) who represent a significant media organisation, or
- Freelancers assigned by a recognised media organisation who meet all other media requirements.
- Media accreditation without event ticketing
- Freelance journalist / photographers on submission and acceptance of project proposal and subject to all other media requirements, or
- Photographers working with artists or presenters may apply for specific accreditation, which will be limited to working with the artist or presenter in their programmed venues only.
Media Accreditation Terms and Conditions
Accreditation will be assessed upon the following:
- Completed accreditation application.
- Applicant/s agree to Media Accreditation conditions and Festival conditions of entry.
- Outline of commitment to any available pre-festival coverage in the lead up to the Woodford Folk Festival between mid-October (when our programme is launched) through to 1 Jan (end of event).
- Outline of commitment to coverage during and/or post event.
A completed accreditation application must be received prior to the event. Each outlet may apply for a MAXIMUM of two (2) representatives – due to request volume, only one representative may be approved.
Media passes are provided for ONE day of the event only – unless otherwise negotiated.
Applications are open through November 2023 and should be submitted by 1 December 2023.
Notification of acceptance or otherwise will be provided by 5 December, if not earlier.
Media passes are strictly personal and non-transferable. If changes to the person accredited need to be made, please contact the Media Dept to organise.
The chiefs of staff of major newspapers and television channels covering the festival on a day by day and changing staff basis are asked to contact the festival Media Dept pre-event or the Festival Media Centre during the event for short notice site visits, so that appropriate arrangements can be made for news crews (i.e. access, parking closest to site for company vehicle).
Festival entry procedures and Media Accreditation check in information will be sent with Media Accreditation acceptance. All accredited media teams entering site must follow entry procedures.
All approved applicants must check in at the Media Centre once on site. On presentation of photo identification, you will be allocated your media accreditation. Accreditation must always be worn and displayed.
Media and photographers are not permitted in backstage areas unless escorted by a member of the Media team. Under no circumstances should media personnel walk through the backstage area. Should this occur or should media/photographers not follow directions of festival staff/security, we reserve the right to immediately cancel accreditation and revoke all festival access.
Media accredited photographers are permitted access to the area close to front main stages but must be always aware of the crowd activity and security. Use of flash is not permitted when photographing artists on stage.
Security and WFF staff instructions must always be adhered to.
The media liaison team will inform media and photographers of any other requirements or restrictions regarding artist performances.
Media and photographers must follow the conditions of entry to the festival as well as adhere to the Woodford Folk Festival Health and Safety Policy.
Commercial use of any images and/or footage taken at Woodford Folk Festival requires express permission in writing by the Media Manager.
We ask that you are considerate of these requirements, as they form conditions of your accreditation which may be revoked in the event of a breach. A serious failure to follow these requirements may result in removal from site (and removal of your wristband/ticket).
The Woodford Folk Festival is produced by Woodfordia Inc. a not-for profit community arts organisation and is supported by the City of Moreton Bay and Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland.
2023 Media Liaison, Woodford Folk Festival
Annah Evington | Media Manager
Phone: +61 5496 1066