‘Become a Citizen of Woodfordia’ will be the mantra of Woodfordia, Inc. over the next few years. Woodfordia’s Management Committee are aiming to build ownership and membership of the organisation to both strengthen the commitment to and protection of the organisation.
“We want Woodfordia to be a place and an ideal that people will want to own, contribute to adn feel a true sense of belonging,” said President Rose Broe. “We intend to use the term ‘citizen’ rather than ‘members’ not just to be different, but to evoke a feeling of belonging to our own nation — it’s a state of mind — a notion state full of innovation, energy and heart.”
This publication of Lore Society will be an important conduit for spreading the message and enrolling citizens. The Committee is avoiding marketing membership via offering financial incentives and is instead calling on those participating in the organisation to enrol in a cultural movement for more altruistic reasons, mainly being the purpose it serves.
As one of the benefits of becoming a citizen, printed copies of our quarterly publication Lore Society will be received.
Lore Society is intended to:
- Provide a platform to inform Woodfordians of the actions, policies and the work of our organisation and its people
- To act as as a catalyst in the membership (citizenship) drive of Woodfordia Inc.
- To assist in the notion of driving responsibility and commitment deeper through the Citizens of Woodfordia.
- To record the history and stories of Woodfordia
- To assist in the organisational goals of Woodfordia
- Be an entertaining read for Woodfordian citizens
If our citizens are well informed and they enjoy reading about our achievements and plans then our organisation will benefit. We believe this journal will develop its own culture through time as well as its own editorial language and policies. Citizens, in their collective wisdom will determine the direction and purpose.