Welcome to Access Support Services.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the following information in relation to Access Support Services.
To register for accessible camping you will need to complete an Accessible Camping Registration Form. For more information about our Accessible Camping Area please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 5496 1066.
Please note: You may not be able to utilise to our accessible facilities if you do not register prior to your arrival. We ask that you submit your form at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival so that we can best cater to your needs.
THE NITTY GRITTY
We welcome people with access needs and we’re constantly working on ways to improve the site and the experience for all. Here are some things that might be useful for you to know, before you arrive:
- We are on a rural property (an old dairy farm) and the terrain is often uneven and/or sloping.
- The pathways are either dirt or graveled.
- The site is large and sits on 50 acres.
- The accessible amenity blocks provided are clean and sturdy, but basic.
- During the day, the weather conditions can be extremely hot, and on some evenings, quite cool.
Lake Gkula Camping has a designated accessible camping area situated close to the General Store and lake available for campers with disabilities. A small number of camping sites have access to power (for life support equipment only) and all have access to accessible shower and toilet facilities. These camping sites are limited and must be pre-booked. Please complete the accessibility for here.
If you are unable to complete the form, please call 07 5496 1066 and we can complete it for you.
- Please note; if you require power for life support equipment, leads must be tested and tagged by a certified electrician. We are unable to allocate you a powered campsite without sighting the tagged leads at check-in.