For your safety and the safety of all our patrons, volunteers, organisers and performers.
Woodfordia is a 500-acre parkland dedicated to the arts and humanities; however, it is still a bushland setting and we request for your own health and safety that you follow these guidelines:
- A 24-hour communications team coordinates all onsite emergency response. Call the Patron’s Hotline — (07) 5496 1033 — to report any security or emergency incidents.
- Footwear must always be worn. Be aware of the possibility of snakes, stinging plants and insects and wear enclosed shoes. And watch your footing—the ground is uneven with potholes and gullies.
- We do not allow or provide for campfires. This is a high fire risk area.
- Have respect for wildlife—please stay out of forestry area and especially our neighbours’ properties.
- All tap water on site is of drinkable quality. Dam and creek water, however, are unsuitable for drinking.
- There is no swimming in any of the farm dams as water quality is not suitable.
- Lake Gkula Swimming Safety Guidelines must be strictly adhered to. Please read them here.
- Plastic, sharp objects, cans and cigarette butts all endanger native wildlife, so please dispose of them thoughtfully.
- Protect wild flora and please do not damage or take any flora from the site.
- Children must always be accompanied and supervised. You are in the bush and children face a range of risks.
- Hollow logs and gullies may be the habitat of snakes, insects, birds and other animals. Please leave these be.
- There is no glass permitted.
- Recycle, compost and re-use.
- The following items are NOT permitted at Woodfordia: fireworks, illicit drugs, non-media accredited recording devices, drones, laser lights, glow sticks, animals (Woodfordia is a native wildlife haven), any other illegal or dangerous items.
Portable butane gas cookers: Please check and only bring compliant gas cookers to Woodfordia.